Business & Career Coaching
for entrepreneurs suffering with the effects of trauma
(i.e. Adverse Childhood Experiences/ACEs, Adverse Organizational Experiences/AOE's, Adverse Religious Experiences/AREs or Religious Trauma Syndrome/RTS)
My name is Emily Ann Peterson (she/her).
I'm a trauma-informed business & career coach for those suffering from the long-term effects of trauma.
I help my clients dismantle the undue influence of their trauma through the practice of empowered business decisions. I believe that the economic structure paying your bills can be a daily practice of either unintentional harm or very intentional healing for yourself and your customers/clients.
Here are a few ways my clients and I often spend time together...
- smoothing out business trigger points
- finding their recipe for replenishing bravery
- creating templates for sustainable & creative growth
- building ethical marketing maps that don't feel icky
If any of that resonates with you, I'd love to chat about working together. I'm ready whenever you are!
Please note: Although I work with those who've experienced all kinds of trauma (big T or little t) my life experience makes me exceptionally well-suited to help others with religious trauma.
Your business doesn't have to feel triggering, overwhelming, and scary.
Your business can support and empower your continued recovery from trauma.
Business + Trauma?!
Trauma comes with mental, physical, emotional, and financial effects that are often long-term or even permanent. It can take an extremely long time for a survivor to acknowledge that they experienced trauma and even longer to understand and repair the damage.
Entrepreneurs are *already* at risk for:
- self-worth issues
- chronic anxiety & panic attacks
- bi-polar disorder
- hypertension/heart disease
- joint & circulation problems
- sleep disorders, insomnia
- vision-related problems
- sexual or erectile dysfunction
- hormone suppression
Trauma puts them even *more* at risk for:
- kindling (exponentially escalating mental health crises with progressively less extreme triggers and shorter periods of time between crises)
- hypertension/heart disease, diabetes, obesity
- stroke, cancer, autoimmune diseases
- addiction, self-medicating, self-numbing
- chronic anxiety & panic attacks
- sleep disorders, night terrors, insomnia, hyper-arousal
- easily agitated or angered, extreme startle reflex
- disassociation, over intellectualizing, monotonous voice, spacey
- cognitive disfunction, poor memory, trouble speaking
- excessive or inappropriate guilt
- intrusive thoughts or memories, flashbacks
- obsessive and/or compulsive tendencies
- self-injury, self-harm, high-risk behaviors
I might be uniquely qualified to be *your* business coach...
Some facts to help you decide:
- Book Smarts: My undergraduate degree is in business management with an emphasis in entrepreneurship. I'm currently in grad school at the University of Wyoming pursuing my Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and a graduate minor in Gender & Women's Studies.
- Trauma Survivor: I'm a survivor of religious trauma (Exvangelical) and an eating disorder. I understand the daily struggles of trauma recovery and all the hiccups that trauma creates for a business. I continue to "do my own work" with a team of therapists, professional coaches, and continued training and education.
- Biz Smarts: I have almost two decades of experience as a successful business owner. Fortune500's and tech startups hire me as a speaker or consultant. I wrote a #1 Amazon bestselling book called Bare Naked Bravery: How to Be Creatively Courageous which began as a top-rated podcast by the same name. Prior to that, I was a professional cellist and cello teacher for almost a decade.
- My Favorite Clients: Today, I'm hired as a trauma-informed business coach by entrepreneurs, CEO's, and small business owners around the world who are coping with the long-term effects of their trauma.
Choose Your Own Coaching Adventure
Pick whichever your heart desires or book a meet-n-greet!
sliding scale, via Zoom
Bravery Coaching your chance to get 1-on-1 attention with our founder, Emily Ann Peterson. You'll gain a new perspective on your courage while she helps your feats of bravery feel like a total breeze!
These sessions are perfect if you're seeking regular support or preparing for a product launch, large campaign, creating templates for endless ease, or enduring a really overwhelming season of bravery.
$167-$467 , via Zoom
Enrolled students of The School of Bravery get access to the following awesomeness on a month-to-month commitment:
- monthly or weekly 1:1 coaching sessions
- twice monthly group coaching
- access to all book club meetings
- full access to our Slack group,
- plus, discounts on additional offerings
sliding scale, via phone
Feeling like you're gonna drown? Do you need some tidying before things feel easier?
A Tidying Session is just that. You tidy up your business while I tidy up my home! You get 45 minutes via phone to tidy up your biggest (or most annoying) brave business questions & conundrums.
It's simple: choose your price, then schedule and show up for your session via phone!
Clients Are Saying...
“Emily Ann is a straight-talker with a smile. Finding your voice is not an easy thing. Self-promotion is even stickier. Put the two together and, if you’re like me, you’ve created the perfect storm of overwhelming. Emily has a rock-solid understanding of all things self-promotion, as well as an uncanny ability to break down even the most intimidating hurdles into manageable action items.
If I am working with someone, I don’t want to just get sweet-talked. I wanted someone who is insightful AND unflinchingly honest, even if it means calling me out on my own self-sabotage - whether it’s denial, procrastination or emotional roadblocks. I know that I can count on Emily Ann to tell it to me straight. And usually, she smiles while she does this, which of course means I don’t even catch on at first to how she is totally calling me out. I love this.
This makes me get to the heart of the matter so much more quickly, whether it’s honing in on the goals of a project or trying hard to see something through to the end. If I need a hand zeroing in on a goal or needing a plan as to how to break down a project into manageable action items, I call Emily Ann.”
“I joined The School of Bravery after Emily Ann gave me a website audit. I was so excited, inspired, and motivated that it was really a no-brainer. I enjoy the format of the masterclasses and the opportunities to be interactive. But the book club was probably my favorite because I'm an author and love books, and I enjoyed getting other perspectives on the readings and activities. I've discovered a whole new creative outlet from the book club!" "Doing brave things is easier now because I can recognize when I'm procrastinating, resisting or just plan scared.”